Re: EMERGENCY! I think i broke my camshaft

> > This is a 345 in a Scout II.  I tookthe valve
> covers off.  when I turn
> over
> > the engine only the valves on number one and two
> and one valve on number
> > three move.
> > Is it possible to change the cam and bearings with
> the engine in the
> truck?
> > This is my only transportation and I need it fixed
> by sunday.  I really
> > don't want to pull the motor but I guess I can if
> I have to.

You need to have enough room in front of the engine
for a camshaft, so the radiator must come out & also
the condensor core if the truck has air conditioning.

If you change the cam, you should also put in new cam
bearings. Only way to get at the back one is through
the back of the engine. So you can either pull the
engine or drop the tranny & T-case.

> > Thanks for any advise.  By the way I am in Grand
> Rapids Michigan.
> >
> > Nick
> > nick@domain.elided
> >

> possible it's just collapsed lifters?