[ihc] 4150's give me a headache.

Why is it I just can't tune a 4150?

I tried to run this carb on the 345 in my trail rig once upon a time and
had such a difficult time with it, I put the 2bbl back on.

I sent the carb to Gryphin last year to have it rebuilt and setup for the
race engine.

I installed it with a 4-2 adapter onto the 304C before the "Winter Baja"
last Feb.

Ran fine, but not really any better than the 500cfm 2bbl did.  Bummer, but
OK.

Memorial Day it ran fine up until the last event, when I hit some mud and
it ran like dog-poo afterwards (there IS a lot of mud all over the carb,
and some in the venturis, too)

Then the TuffTruck here recently.. also ran like crap, and would sputter
after 4k or so.

Last race of the season is this weekend, so I thought I'd see if it was
worth hauling my junk 100 miles to Bozeman to play, so it was tune-up
time.

Biggest issue with this carb is I just can't seem to adjust the primary
float.  It's always too high, or too low.

I hadn't touched it since the start of Memorial weekend.. yet it was low
Tuesday night.  I adjusted it up, then went for a practice run around my
field Wednesday night.. and it flooded out.

After an hour of slight 'tweaking' adjustments, I *think* I have it, but
it's been awfully touchy.

Just a little too much and fuel runs out the sight plug.. back it off..
fuel still runs out.. go a LOT more and it'll finally stop.. but then it's
suddenly too low and I have poor throttle response and it runs out of fuel
at high RPM.  Repeat ad naseum.

Argh.

My 2bbl 2300 has never given me this much trouble.

I think I'll grab the 2300 and bring it with me...