[ihc] Scout Gas Tank Removal

Hi all,

Well, i've been out trying to figure out how to get the gas tank out
of my Traveller.  The back nuts I have not been able to get a wrench
or socket on because the tank and the rear frame crossmember are in
the way as well as the studs being cocked in a suboptimal direction.

On the front, I have been able to get a wrench on the bolt heads. I
haven't tried to remove them yet because I do not have the filltube
wrestled off yet. Does anyone know if the front bolts just thread into
the mount or if they have nuts which are inaccessable behind that?

I was hesitant to bust into the job because I am starting to wonder if
the only way to remove the tank is by cutting the straps off.  And if
so, how do you do that without creating sparks and risk nicking the
tank? Ka blooey!!!

This is starting to go the way of my yearlong fiasco to change the
shift shaft seal in my 727 :(

Thanks for any additional advice,
Laters, Colin.
mailto:colin@domain.elided
Colin says...

Use a wickedly good email client  |  http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
For those of strong constitution  |  http://www.debian.org/

Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -Mark Twain