[ihc] RE: More On Pete's Tires

Pete,

re 12.5" TSL + 15.5 SX

I would not hesitate to drive a lifted Scout on mixed radial\bias, wide\very wide Super Swampers...
as long as I was A) going slowly and B) able to stay home on rainy days.

Do you have life insurance (get my drift)? Think of the bad situation; light rain, on a corner,
traffic slows quickly ... you hit the brakes -- and get to see where you came from. And see some
very wide-eyed drivers :)

See if you can swap the Swampers for a set of AT's with somebody that wants to play in the mud
or look into retreads like these:
www.high-tec-retreading.com 33x12.50R-15 mud $67.49

I love my Q78 swampers on the trail, OK in town, but they're not highway tires.
Oh yeah, they balance when new, sort of. But not after the lugs get chewed up.
Bob