[ihc] On the subject of the Rubicon

Del Albright, head honcho of the Friends of the Rubicon told me over
a Margie that he has been given a grant for nearly $240,000 of Green
Sticker money for further work on the 14 miles of the Rubicon Trail.

The main reason that I mention this is that about a year ago, the
digesters and the participants in the Binder Bulletin donated to the
Rubicon fight, and the Binder Bulletin matched the donations with an
equal amount. We made a significant difference in the project.

However, the Rubicon no longer needs our monetary help, at least for
the time being, and Del suggests that if and when we take on something
like this again, that we pick another needy cause.

He asked me to thank the IH members and the Binder Bulletin for their
timely help.

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs