Re: [ihc] Re: onboard air tanks

I like the idea of those high pressure tanks...

But those tanks won't have a drain valve to drain water out, right?
Normally, isn't it a good idea to drain the air tank every so often to get
any water out?

I guess I could simply put in something to remove the water before the
tank...

Need to find that york compressor too.

Would it hurt to york to put an oiler inline on the suction side?  Then I
could put a oil remover on the pressure side... seems it could help the york
work happier if it got a little more lube, right?  Or not?

I'd also like to put valves in various locations.  One on each end of the
tank to isolate it if needed.  They make electric solenoid valves right?
(I see the opportunity for a bank of switches!)  How about electric controls
for various routing for isolation purposes...  Leave segments off when they
aren't needed.  No point in pressurizing lines not in use right?  Manual
shutoffs in key areas in case of electronic failure (IE they stick open)
with an output (maybe with it's own regulator?) before the first electronic
switch (in case the first one sticks shut?).  Check valve after the
compressor with a relief valve before that to release the pressure when the
compressor shuts off (so there's not so much head pressure when the
compressor starts up again the next time).

What do you guys think about that?  Fairly long term project...

Thanks,
Ryan