[ihc] You Must Wipe It, Wipe It Good!!

Greetings,

All the recent wiper motor talk reminds me, to ask once again:  Anyone out
there have a driver side wiper arm suitable for a '77 SII? I know I asked
this a month or so ago and someone (Ryan?  TRE? Someone...) responded saying
perhaps they had one packed away somewhere, but, IIRC, not immediately
accessible.  The question was asked, "How soon do (I) need it?".  The answer
is: fairly soon!! (read: "PDQ!")

The problems are:

1) I'm running a factory/OEM/whatever-it-is-out-of-the-box wiper arrangement
- so I have the funky left wiper arm - with the 'attitude corrector'/ helper
/ arm thingy.  That arm has a little slide (fork-like) clip the strut that
attaches to a little ball/groove affair (dunno if this was unique to the
Scouts or not).  Right now that strut wants to flap in the breeze, ding the
paint (yes it will!), and just generally cause havoc and let the wiper
misbehave. If possible, I'd like to keep it stock, but if things get ugly
with it (they're 'borderline' right now!), I might have to put on a
plain-ol'-arm (right side arm, if that's doable) and just trim it a little
more (and thereby, I believe, wipe less surface area) to clear the top of
the windshield. My clip-thingy has bought the farm.  One of the two tines
has snapped off and parted company, thus rendering the remainder clip
useless.  In the past weeks I've gone through every small size of e-clip  I
could find (that's "e", not "c" - though maybe "C" would be BETTER!?). I
used E's because, well, because that's what I had a box of laying around.
Eventually they pop off and collect at the bottom of down the grate thing
going across the bottom of the windshield or off into the cruel world
somewhere.

2) It appears as if someone (DPO?) had started to drill out (but didn't
finish) the main 'rivet' on the left wiper. Drilled it maybe 2/3 - 3/4 of
the way out. Mayhaps for a failed mod or something.  Wished I'd noticed that
when I did a correct mod on it soon after I got it (just over a year ago!).
Well, under frequent use, the remainder of the rivet has
deteriorated/weakened, and now the whole blade 'flops' depending on the
direction the arm is going in, thereby wiping more with the SIDE of the
blade, rather than the edge of the blade - if ya follow that! %^}

So I'm thinking the hot set-up at this point would simply be a replacement
arm.

Any and all help / hints appreciated! If someone has an 'original' driver
side arm that would work, and want to sell it for a reasonable price, drop
me an e-mail!  Binder AT pferris DOT com.

Thanks all!

--Pete

   ||( )| | | | | |( )||  Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |  '77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\] More 'stock' than 'not'!
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\] http://www.pferris.com/scout