Re: [ihc] Stuck Clutch Remedies

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Shaw, II" <josephshaw@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>; <oldihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 08:58
Subject: [ihc] Stuck Clutch Remedies

> What are some of those remedies I have heard mentioned about unsticking a
> clutch?  This is a vehicle (T'all, 4WD, 4 speed)  that has been sitting a
few
> years, and the clutch is supposedly kind of rusted to the surface or
> something-will NOT release!
>
> If I spray it with PB for a few days, then bang around with a hammer, then
try
> it a few times, should that help?  Or should I not even waste my time on
this
> approach and drag it around the block a few times first, etc.  And when
> dragging it, what are the procedures again?  Try to drop it into gear
while
> pulling it or something?  I know this sounds violent, but I remember it
being
> mentioned a time or two as a way to free up a frozen clutch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

Someone told me to leave it in gear (high gear, so 4th in high range 2wd)
and try pulling it with someone inside holding the clutch.  If possible
start it and drive it some.  Then push the clutch in and try to stop and
keep the engine running.

Don't know if you could pull it with something with a stuck clutch as heavy
as it will be.

-Ryan

---