Re: [ihc] "stuck valves" - exhaust test

Ryan Moore wrote:

10 minutes of idling apparently.  It'll not really be running on the left
bank at all when he has it sitting there idling.  Said he can feel the
exhaust and feel a huge difference there too.
If it were the passenger side, I'd bet the "flapper" was frozen up and forcing the exhaust through the crossover..

Since it's the driver's side.. there's always a good chance something has crawled up inside and died in the muffler. :D Or worse, made a nest.

Of course, that doesn't explain the clatter.. but would explain a change in "puff" at the tailpipe. Heck, an exhaust leak could..

In any case, I think to "fix" the problem, he'll need to do a little disassembly.. I'd probably pull the pan first and look for bearings before bothering to pull the valve covers and try to de-gunk the drainbacks.. if there's bearing in the pan, don't waste your time with the drainback. :)

How much for this AA unit to put the 402 in? AA is always proud of their stuff (perhaps rightly so).. rebuilding an SV might be the more economical approach, and it's definitely a lot less headache.

Could get lucky and only need a bearing and cleaning.. that's never MY luck, of course..