Re: [ihc] Limited slip additive in automatic trannies?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Bernth" <scoutdude@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Cc: <bearbvd@domain.elided>; <salmineo@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 09:52
Subject: [ihc] Limited slip additive in automatic trannies?

<snip>
> maintence. (trust me, Mopar trannys HATE Dextron/Mercon tranny fluid!!
Just
> ask the 727 behind my 600+ hp 440, it died in a year, not knowing that
Dextron
> fluid sucks and my driving style probably didnt help!)
> So, any thoughts on this? Harmful, possibly helpful? Seems to me the LS
> additive does the opposite of what he thinks it does, but I may just be
> thinking wrong.  Inquiring minds want to know!
> Dennis

I havn't had a chance to read the replies yet... just wondering if anyone
noted that IH calls for Dexron III/Mercon in the scout 727s... sounds to me
like he doesn't realy know what he's talking about.   I think it was more
likely it was something to do with the size of the motor...

-Ryan

---