Re: [ihc] Weird engine problem - calling the experts

No expert here, but ... Sounds like a vacuum leak. Has that been measured?

I did my intake manifold a couple years ago. There are several expansion plugs on the underside. They can leak.

The manifold can be cracked.

If the intake is EGR, it is possible to have a vacuum leak from the EGR valve into the manifold, or way too much EGR
also.

It is important to have the the EGR passage ways clear. I could not chip out the carbon from the manifold, it was so
hard I had to have it hot tanked to get it out.

> I am at my wits end here. If any of this is ringing a bell with anyone,
> please help

Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved