re: Spider Rear Springs

Dave,
	I'd guess it would be around 5-7 inches.  Jack up the rear end of your
Spider pretty high (via the diff.) and put it on jack stands on either
side at the jacking points.  Loosen the front trailing arm bolt first,
then put your floor jack under the end of the trailing arm.  Undo the
bottom nuts holding the shock to the trailing arm (good time to replace
the shocks).  Remove the bolt that holds the rear swaybar dogleg and
trailing arm to the axle.  Lower the trailing arm to the ground.  You
might have to yank on the spring to get it to come out of the pan.

	If you are putting back stiffer springs, they are usually shorter than
OEM.  You can tape the top rubber cushion on to the new spring before
putting it on the car - it'll never stay in place with out it.

	Since you have everything apart, good idea to replace the trailing arm
and trunnion bushings.

	If you have any more questions, let me know.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV engineless, exhaustless, soon to have tankful
	'86 Spider