Re: 75 driveshaft balancing again

I got a few emails with suggestions and questions, let me lay down my
history on anti-driveshaft-vib movement.

When I first got the car, it had very faint vibration.. no big deal
I thought.

After my blown the donut at 2nd gear (a typical BANG! and vibration after)
I had donuts replaced.. and replaced (thought of an unbalanced donut) ...
the vibration is still there.

After 2 host clamps, things got better, but still significant amount
of vibration can be felt.. the weired thing is that the vibs comes and
go.. sometimes better, most other times worse...

So, setup a quest to have drive shaft, clutch, balanced.

Drive shafts were independenly balanced, though the front piece was
balanced with the front fork in place with marking. The fork was checked
to be perfectly perpenticular as told by the balance shop.

each bolt and washers used on the drive shaft were weighted to ensure
equal weight.

clutch assmebly was also balanced independenly. The only exception
was the friction plate which was left out, and was balanced staticly.

All bolts nuts used for clutch assembly were also being weighted
to ensure they all weight identically.

When the drive shaft was off the car, the engine was fired up and
it reves totally smoothly without any vibration when the driveshaft
was attached, this lead me to believe that the flywheen and the
rest of the engine assembly is in good condition and well balanced.

upon assembly, the vibration was still present... hose clamps were
again applied to make the car vib somewhat less....

Since then, the vibration comes and goes just like before.. some times
worse, some times less...

I don't remember if the center bearing was replaced but certainly checked
in the early stage.

This time, with complete defeat of "BalanceMasters.com" project...
I am again left with a vib that it started since day one.

I think any further I am practically replacing every part in the
power deliverying system. (Yes, I've tried with a 2nd gearbox so
gearbox was not the source of vibration.)

So I am marking the end of vibrationless quest, and live with that
vibration.. til the day it all falls apart...

Jess
88 Verde Anthracite
95 LS White
Silicon Valley, CA