Help GTV6 drive shaft experts

I need help in properly id'ing a part.

On trying to reassemble the front and rear shafts on my 83 GTV6 the two
halves would not seat. On the end of the shaft (male end) there is some sort
of slotted (slot is parallel to the shaft) bushing/sleeve/collar etc.
Apparently as one offers up the shafts you put a screwdriver in the slot and
rotate this sleeve on the axis of the shaft until the two halves slip
together. Well mine would not rotate and to make a long story short it
broke. I need to order a new one but am having difficulty
explaining/identifying this part to the parts people over the phone. The
microfiche apparently is pretty vague. and there are a few
bushing/sleeves/collars etc type thing on the shafts.

Can anyone tell exactly what this is called better yet an Alfa Part Number

I would just order all the bits but the range is from $2.00 to $30.00

Thanks for your help

Curt Norheim