Re: 74 GTV console wiring mini-mystery

Alfista,
I was not paying close enough attention to the wiring as I dissassembled the
center console from the referenced car. As it sits, there is a rather large
(7 cm long) black plastic cylindrical fixture (4 cm diam) that looks like a
120 v bulb socket. It has longitudinal ridges and the base unscrews from it.
This fixture has electrical interior contact surfaces and is connected by
relatively large gauge wires. I thought it was a surround for the cigarette
lighter (amazing in it's own right), but it's too small in diameter for that.
Someone please illuminate me.

Ever more humbly yours,

Modelle in Somers Point.