Re: Making brake lines

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:41:24 EDT Carl750@domain.elided wrote:

> I have to replace a rusted away brake line on a Milano.  Is the brake
> line a
> standard flaring that I can make with USA tool?  If not anybody know
> where I
> can get a correct tool.

i can't say for certain, but it's  probably an ISO bubble flare. tricky to
make.

what i would do (and this is just me) is get the adapters from the metric
ISO flare to an aircraft flares, and then put in a new brake line using 3AN
fittings. but then, i'm not normal when it comes to brakes.

also, there's a whole set of special tools that goes with that kind of
operation. fortunately, i have them, and my wife's GTV-6 is about to start
down that path.

cheers,
  richard