91 spider tach

In a message dated 7/9/2002 3:49:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> What I have done so far is to remove the instrument cluster and reseated all
> of the contacts.  My next step is to get the car disc and see if I can find
> where the tach pickup sensor is located.

The tach on our 91 spider worked about as described, or worse (slight signs
of life, low reading) UNTIL the car got rear-ended and there was some body
work done.  Now it's fine.  I suspect there was a bad connection on the
sender now it's had some sense knocked back into it.  Ergo, I think the
sender (w/o getting out the shop manual) is somewhere aft of the gas filler
neck and on the bottom.  Start there.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA