Re: SAlfAB content?

I think that the common platform shared by the Alfa 164 and the SAAB 9000
also extends to the Fiat Croma and the Lancia Thema.  The 156 is a
different platform - not sure what this was shared with.

I don't think that there is any relationship between the Alfa and Peugeot
platforms, however the 164 and the Peugeot 405 are both Pininfarina designs
from the same era.  I have heard a story along the lines that 405 design
was originally presented to Alfa for the 164, but there was some question
as to whether the 164 would go ahead, so the design was offered to Peugeot
and a new but similar design was presented to Alfa once they gave the
project the nod.

Not sure if the above story is urban myth (if anybody out there knows the
truth please share it with us!), but the similarity of styling if the 405
and 164 are quite obvious.  Apart from the body style and basic layout,
there doesn't seem to be a lot of other similarities - I have a 164 and my
wife has a 405 so I've had plenty of opportunity to compare!

Cheers Alfisti!
John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.