NAC THIS car burns the most...hands down

The #1 "burning" car in America...drumroll please...is the one that can't be
afforded by the name listed on the title.  After working as a fire/theft
investigator for a large national auto insurer, I can personally attest to
this.  We called 'em friction fires.  Started when the car note rubbed against
the auto policy in the glove box.  It's the darndest thing,  and they burn to
the ground every time.  As for legitimate fires, (and there aren't that many
that are truly manufacturer-faulted) seemed common among F*rd F-15*'s and
Ch*vy S-series trucks (Bl*zers, S-1*'s, especially 4WD variants).  There were
several mechanical-related fires among every other brand out there, but the
fault was usually on the operator of the vehicle for improperly maintaining
the engine and/or elec system.  Oil leaks around the exhaust manifold were the
most common origins, followed closely by poorly installed stereo systems.
While many insurers attempt to subrogate the manufacturers, that issue quickly
dies when it has been discovered that the car was modified in any way,
including reprogramming of the engine management computer, addition of
aftermarket exhaust, and any host of other mods that change performance curves
of the vehicle.  Personally, I own and drive a F*rd F series, and have had
zero problems with it in 26Kmi.  Can't speak for a Ch*vy though.  I'd rather
have a sister with a brass pole in her bedroom than a Ch*vy in the driveway.
Luv my Alfa!

As for Italian rubber, the original rear flex hose for the brakes was stamped
Bosch.  Sure sounds German to me.

Greg