Re: Autocross launch

I try to keep wheel spin to a minimum, so I rev my '89 Spider to about 4000
then slip the clutch just momentarily until the tires hook up. This seems to
work pretty well to get me up to up to speed by the time I go through the
timing lights. I've been autocrossing this Spider regularly for 10 years (it
was also my daily driver for 13 years) and have not burned up clutches or
broken any drive line parts. It seems to hold up very well.

Wendell Murray
'89 Spider Veloce
'91 164L