RE: Auto Insurance for Alfa

You can calso try Leland West.  They specialize in providing insurance for unusual cars.  800 237 4722 or http://www.lelandwest.com

bob p. rsperez1@domain.elided
'94  164 LS

Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 07:21:37 -0500
From: "Chris Sasso" <Chris.Sasso@domain.elided>
Subject: insurance for Alfa

Hi All,

I would like to hear from folks that have been able to insure their late

model Alfa with a collector's insurance company (Hagerty, Grundy, etc.).

The car is not a daily driver, I use it only for weekends and club
events.  I removed it from my regular insurance because of the cost and
thought it would be easy to take out a collector policy.  However,
Hagerty and Grundy told me they will not insure an '87 spider.  Grundy
gave me a quote but later responded that they do not insure low value
late model sports cars.

Thanks for any input,
Chris