[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Various VIN's, parts.

Various questions.

1. Does anyone know what reference book has the correct spark-plug gap for
an 83 320I, and does the Transmission make a difference?

2. On the subject of selling a 320.  Yes, I know of one for sale, details
are forthcoming.  (Vin's, the usual, rust inspections, etc.)

3. I need to find a place to buy a thermostat, and various other trinkets
locally, the nearest dealer in this area is nearly an hour's ride away.
I've heard Dinan, and a few other mail order places mentioned, is it
worth it for a, what eleven dollar Thermostat? (and gasket)

4.  I have a question of current owners of 320's,  On the Driver's side
dashboard, is the fusebox located there or not?  And does it have a cover
(I don't think Duct tape, counts).

5. Another question for 320 owners, how difficult is removal of the
entire dash board?  There are a few lights out, and some nasty,evil,
demonic voodoo wiring going on back there.

6.  I know this was a heady topic before.  Are there any advantages at
all to using only BMW approved fluids.  I do not have an owners manual,
or any literature other than some trash by Chilton, that isn't worth the
paper it's printed on.  I remember the mention of Antifreeze, what
eventually became the popular consensus?

7. Sythetic Oils, I have enough Amsoil to last a lifetime. :)  What's the
proper blend, right now it's loaded with 10W40, and due for an Oil
Change.  For Cold Winter driving, and stuff.  Any recommendations, again,
no manual. :( So I can't even tell when the car was last inspected. (IF ever)

8. Yes, the last two questions.  I need a replacement windshield.  I
wondered what was the consensus for a longer lasting windshield?  The
American safelite replacement or the OEM part?

9. Yes, last question.  Is there any specific maintenance that a car with
a sunroof requires?

See, that wasn't hard.

<Laughs>