[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 Brake Fluid Cap

>>AUDIDUDI  writes:

 AUDIDUDI> "hygroscopic" ... BTW, some of the brake fluid reservoirs
 AUDIDUDI> used by my racecar buddies have a rubber diaphragm that
 AUDIDUDI> keeps the fluid separated from the air yet still allows the
 AUDIDUDI> fluid level to rise and fall as needed. Does anyone know if
 AUDIDUDI> such a critter is available to fit an OEM BMW reservoir
 AUDIDUDI> bottle?

	There is a green "diaphragm" which sits at the mouth of the
	reservoir but it is not air-tight.  Also, there is a float
	which sticks out through the top of the "internal" cap which
	is then sealed by the external cap.  I think the float allows
	the "diaphragm" to rise up to a maximum level and then settle
	back down.

							- Mustie

- --
Tie?  You want me to wear a *tie*?  Listen: There's only one time in a
 man's life when he should have a rope knotted around his neck, and
 that time ain't yet come for me.  -- Canada Bill Jones

- --
Mustafizur Rahman                   Internet: rahman@domain.elided
Project Pilgrim                               rahman@domain.elided
Department of Computer Science         Phone: (413) 545-4701
A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center   Fax: (413) 545-1249
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003