re: winter tires

Digest,

I have heard a great deal on the digest regarding both the Blizzak tires
and the Pirelli winter snow tires. Are there other good brands for snows? I
live in Maine, and there is about 6 months of marginal weather, sometimes
snow, sometimes ice,  and sometimes nothing of concern thought I had heard
of a tire brand that started with an "H", and sounded Japanese/Chinese-like
in nature ( no offense intended toward anyone ).

If anyone has recommendations, I am in the market. Or if anyone is selling
winter tires with 75%plus tread life left, let me know!! Thanks in advance.

Darren Beilstein
89 325is