re: Winter Tires

>of a tire brand that started with an "H", and sounded Japanese/Chinese-like
>in nature ( no offense intended toward anyone ).

Probably Hakkapeliitta.  It's Finnish.  More info is available on
http://www.nokiantyres.com.  These have been recommended to me as simply
the best snow/ice tires available.  They are used for winter rallying and
ice racing.  My Pirelli Winter 190's wore out last year, and I am probably
going to be replacing them with a set of Hakkas this winter.  Ask me again
in the spring, and I'll give you a comparison report.

Ed

Ed Seidman
eseidman@domain.elided
'87 325is