New tires question

I'm about to get new tires for my '95 530i.

I've been surfing the Tirerack site and talked to a sales rep, and they have
recommended the Firestone Firehawk SZ50 in 225/60/15 at $106 a tire.  I have
the stock rims, and won't be changing them right now.

In a tire test they rated the Firestone 8.4, the Goodyear Eagle GS-C 8.2, BF
Goodrich Comp T/A ZR at 7.72 overall.  UTOG is 220AA.   The customer survey
results are very positive, with some of the highest numbers I've seen on the
site. I just don't have any experience with Firestone tires, and wonder if
they are all they are cracked up to be.

I'm looking for something that won't wear out in 15,000 miles, and I don't
want to spend much more than what the Firestones cost. I do not want to go
to a tire that will jiggle me down the road, or accompany me w/lots of
noise.

Anyone with experience w/the Firestone tire, or a recommendation of another?
I live in Southern California.

Thanks,

Dana
'95 530ia