cams

Is there an easy way to understand all the numbers thrown at you when your
looking for a  cam?  I want as much torque at lower RPM as I can get from my
392 without sacrificing dependability.  Schneider’s 131-H grind (from SSS)
has a duration of 262, Comp cam has a 260 or 268, and they both sell kits
with everything included (I think).  I seem to have more questions now than
when I started.

1.  Is there anything specific I should be looking for when comparing these
cams?
2.  Are there any pros or cons to using Schneider or Comp Cam?
3.  Would it be better to purchase the kit (cam, lifters, springs, retainers,
etc...) or    buy the components separately so I can use Chevy big block
springs, different lifters, etc..?
4.  Should I reuse the stock rocker arms and push rods?

Ignorance is a real inconvenience!

Thank you all for your comments.

Mike

‘77 Scout 304 (with a 345 and 392 sitting in the garage)