Leaks

O.K. Digesters:

Time to start a new thread, Leaks. We all know about the lack of
galvinization and the resultant rust on IH sheetmetal. What about leaks.

My Terra sits under a sun screen covered carport on my side yard. It
doesn't get driven much, especially in the winter. But it does get
rained on.

A few years ago, it began to leak in the rain. I noticed this because
the carpets got a little wet. This has been slowly increasing, to the
point where even a light rain results in soaked carpets.

Of course, with the carpets wet the whole interior ends up damp. I get
mildew on the top and mold on the door panels. In the spring, weed seeds
that are trapped in the carpeting begin to sprout from the damp and warm
conditions.

So, do all Scouts leak? Just Terra's with thier unique top and bulkhead?
Where are the main leak points? (I have never identified where it leaks
from and I've sat in it with a hose sprinkler running on top before!)
What have other "Digesters" done to correct this? Might I be getting
leakage from the cowl/vent system?

Any input is most appreciated. At least we ought to get a laugh out of
this.

Tom Harais
'76 Terra 304/727