Re: CB Antennas

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 09:25:27 -0500, tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) wrote:

>Mount that fits under the hood lip - hard to open hood

Tom,

I have what I guess would be called a lip mount under the front hood.  It
causes *no* interference whatsoever.  They are very popular around here and
I think they are made locally out of stainless steel.  Several sizes are
available and going from memory, they cost about $5.00 each.  We have a
local CB only shop that I'm sure would be happy to sell them via mailorder.
The place is called Truck City CB.  They have a store near where I work
here in the Port of Tacoma (Fife, WA) phone 253-922-6969, and another store
in Federal Way, WA (Seattle) phone 253-838-0498.

All try my hand at some ASCII art (use a fixed font to see)...

      |   |
      |Antenna
      |   |
      |   |
      |   |
  _____________
 '------------\\
     Bracket   \\
  _____________ ||  _________________
               ||| |
     Fender    |||______
               |'-------'
                ---------------

This is a cross section of the bracket, hood, and fender.  The bracket is
fastened to the fender with screws.  There's a large enough gap between the
fender and hood to allow for plenty of clearance.  The bracket is typically
mounted on the opposite side from the radio antenna and back close toward
the driver as far as possible.  The location won't bother you and from
experience you won't even see it while driving.

I *would* show you my setup Tom, but seeing how you *won't* be able to make
it to the NW Roundup because of some sort of marital problem... I guess
you'll have to settle for the ASCII art!  <grin>

Happy New Year to you (and your *boss* Julie)!

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |