Major Bummer

Oh bummer of bummers. I found out why I was having problems blowing the
coolant out of my system while towing the RV trailer this summer. I've
got a compression leak into the radiator. I purchased a $35.00 tester
with the blue fluid that turns yellow if you have a leak. It turned
yellow, twice :((.
I'm now looking for a good set of rebuildable heads (non-smog) and a
comlete 4 barrel manifold, carb (spread bore prefered) and air cleaner.
Here's my plan, any one have any comments?
The 345 has 173,000 miles on it. It runs great and doesen't burn oil,
except the usual puff on startup. Oil pressure is good. I'm planning to
rebuild the heads and port match them to the intake and headers. Then
toss a new set of rings and bearings in the bottom end.
I'm also thinking of replacing the cam and lifters with an after market
low RPM/high torque one. Any recommendations? Any one have these parts
for sale in N. CA?
Also  while I'm in there I'd like to improve the oil drainage back to
the pan. Does any one know where the problem areas are here and how to
fix it?

Thanks to all.
--
Tom Reed	treed@domain.elided
The Data Center - Database Software Development